Tuesday 25 September 2012

Mystery of the dawn surge of book sales

I was a little surprised to get a modest surge of Fletcher Pratt Naval Wargame sales around dawn (UK time) one Sunday morning. I was intrigued.

It took me a few days to solve this mystery.

The Community TV Channel (a less well-known UK channel) used a cut down version of my Fletcher Pratt lecture as a filler. They edited the 50 minute Youtube talk down to 10-12 minutes.

Apparently the Open University, a distance learning institution, hires the space on some obscure channels for their course related learning programs. Between these programs, the channel uses 'fillers' from around the digital world. Hence, my lecture was seen by some people who were learning German/ Italian.

Clearly some of these people had good taste, as they bought a book on naval wargaming (and a few other titles).

No comments:

Post a Comment